Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising with our two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro. Moat Analytics is a proprietary solution that enables the collection of signals and metrics to better understand ad effectiveness, engagement, and overall consumer attention. Moat Pro is an industry-wide real-time search solution providing insights across brands, publishers, and the ad tech landscape.
- Take ownership of a real-time analytics platform that receives tens of billions of HTTP requests per day, streams dozens of terabytes daily across a 400-node processing cluster on AWS, outputs hundreds of millions of rows nightly into aggregated storage, produces tens of thousands of customer-facing heatmaps per day, and is logged into and queried by thousands of happy users.
- Own the health monitoring of all live systems.
- Coordinate engineering efforts across several teams at Moat to address the most critical live-system bottlenecks on the horizon.
- Take charge (help fix and communicate widely) when live-system incidents occur.
- Report daily to the VPs of Engineering and CTO on progress on the most critical live-system projects across several teams.
- Recruit and hire exceptional live ops engineers.
- Strong background in shining a light into large, complex systems.
- Expertise in Linux and Python and familiarity with C.
- Speed and nimbleness at debugging systems and applications.
- Strong familiarity with AWS.
- Comfort being hands-on in Vertica.
- Readiness to become an expert on Postgres internals and not-run-of-the-mill Postgres extensions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.