Moat is a brand intelligence and SaaS analytics company focused on transforming digital advertising with our two products: Moat Analytics and Moat Pro. Moat Analytics is a proprietary solution which enables the collection of signals and metrics to better understand ad effectiveness, engagement, and overall consumer attention. Moat Pro is an industry wide real-time search solution providing insights across brands, publishers, and the ad tech landscape.
Moat is looking to bring on an Assistant Controller reporting to the Director of Finance. The ideal candidate will support the month end close process and preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Monitor and assist in the timely and accurate completion of the month end and year end close process including consolidation of results of global divisions.
- Review and prepare account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented and audit ready.
- Maintain full ownership of the General ledger to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Responsible for the preparation of auditable monthly work papers for prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, fixed assets, deferred and unbilled revenue, reconciliations etc.
- Perform month end analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Research and analyze technical accounting and financial reporting issues, such as new revenue models and acquisitions, to ensure that accounting is in accordance with GAAP and Financial Accounting Service Board (FASB) rules and standards.
- Responsible for supervising and assisting staff with Billing, AP, AR and Collections and fostering an environment of mutual respect, continuous learning, and team work.
- Work with members of the various businesses to review contracts, discuss allocation of expenses, and to provide them with reporting of expenses compared to budget
- Review month to month financial and operational metrics related to revenue, expenses and profitability trends compared to forecast and budget
- Responsible for all aspects of the annual 401K and SOX audits, working with external auditors to ensure their timely completion.
- Monitor and assist with the annual external financial audit in accordance with GAAP
- Manage sales and corporate tax compliance and relationship with external accounting firm
- Ad hoc projects
- BS or MS in Finance / Accounting
- CPA Required
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- An entrepreneurial attitude, great communication skills and a strong sense of ethics
- Creativity in problem solving and ability to think critically and recognize discrepancies and anomalies through analysis
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong management and organization skills
- Demonstrates leadership abilities
- Solid understanding of G.A.A.P.
- Expert level Excel skills including use of Pivot tables and V-Lookups
- Systems savvy
- Advanced QuickBooks Enterprise & Salesforce experience a plus
- CPA with public (Big 4) and private accounting experience
- SEC and SaaS experience a plus
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.