The Moat Office Administrator will wear multiple hats supporting Office operations in New York City.
Moat is seeking to hire a dynamic Office Assistant. The ideal candidate will be able to self manage their time and prioritize their efforts across a variety of functions, be flexible and willing to wear many hats. This position includes, but is not limited to office management, providing administrative support to sales, account management and engineering teams, and taking on other projects and tasks based on the company’s needs.
This person will thrive in a role where they directly impact the day-to-day efficiencies and success of the company.
- Cover front desk activities: greet and check-in visitors, field employee questions, prepare and receive UPS/FedEx/mail deliveries.
- Coordinate on-site employee snacks, meals and support other in-house functions.
- Manage facility maintenance and equipment (copier, fax etc.) requests
- Maintain various office calendars - organize and schedule meetings and appointments, candidate interviews, etc.
- Provide assistance in booking team member travel for office visits and business travel within company standards and guidelines; may assist with employee expense reports, as needed
- Supervise the maintenance and alteration of office areas as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping office facilities.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Order, stock and organize office and kitchen supplies
- Track and manage office costs (ensuring food, supplies, and needs etc. are met) and driving cost reductions where possible without compromising services/perks delivered.
Requirements (Skills, Knowledge, Abilities)
- Bachelor's degree (marketing, general business, accounting or related field preferred) or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant Administrative or Office Management experience.
- Able to work with confidential information.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps.
- Creative thinker able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests from a variety of co-workers.
- Technically savvy, easily learn various office productivity applications.
- High attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic startup environment.
- Equipment, and work aids includes PCs, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.