We are a New York City startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and advertisers make smarter decisions through real-time data that matters. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by clients including The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg’s, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal. We are a SaaS company and we are venture-backed by several top Silicon Valley and New York investors. Our founding team has worked together for over 10 years and previously partnered to create Right Media, which was acquired by Yahoo in 2007.About the Opportunity
We're looking for a Backend Engineer who can help architect robust backend systems that support our product offerings, including a real-time analytics system as well as an industry search engine that play a mission-critical role for some of the world's largest publishers, media companies, and technology companies.
- Take part in pushing billions of transactions per day through probabilistic data structures.
- Working with columnar databases and advanced PostgreSQL features to improve performance of analytical workloads.
- Collaborating with Amazon developers and helping to shape the product roadmap of several AWS services.
- Build backend services and interfacing with other APIs.
- Scaling a global web crawler to help transform unstructured web data to structured data.
- Managing hundreds of EC2 instances
- Help design and engineer the architecture for scalability, high availability, performance, flexibility, operational efficiency, security and maintainability.
- 2-4 years of professional experience.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering or other related field.
- Experience with multiple languages, web frameworks, and datastores.
- Extensive experience with one (or all) - Python, C, C++, Shell and Unix.
- Experience with SQL Alchemy.
- Depth experience in one or more of the following areas--distributed data processing, complex web-app design, and / or cloud infrastructure design (AWS).
- Candidates with experience in differential equations, statistics, I/O event notification mechanisms, DNS strategies and colocation strategies would be highly attractive.
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.