We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We're looking for a Backend Engineer who can help architect robust backend systems that support our product offerings, including a real-time analytics system as well as an industry search engine that play a mission-critical role for some of the world's largest publishers, media companies, and technology companies.
- Take part in pushing billions of transactions per day through probabilistic data structures.
- Working with columnar databases and advanced PostgreSQL features to improve performance of analytical workloads.
- Collaborating with Amazon developers and helping to shape the product roadmap of several AWS services.
- Build backend services and interfacing with other APIs.
- Scaling a global web crawler to help transform unstructured web data to structured data.
- Managing thousands of EC2 instances
- Help design and engineer the architecture for scalability, high availability, performance, flexibility, operational efficiency, security and maintainability.
- 2-4 years of professional experience.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering, or other related field.
- Experience with multiple languages, web frameworks, and datastores.
- Extensive experience with one (or all) - Python, C, C++, Shell, and Unix.
- Depth experience in one or more of the following areas: distributed data processing, complex web-app design, and/or cloud infrastructure design (AWS).
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.