We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
- Design and implement systems to process and aggregate terabytes of streaming data in real time.
- Build micro-services and APIs that facilitate data processing and expose Moat data to our clients
- Classify and analyze data using both automated and crowd-sourced approaches.
- Build predictive models for fraud detection and ad performance optimization
- Write applications for real-time ad decisioning that run on geographically distributed clusters
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering or other related field
- 2+ years experience with data-intensive backend programming
- You have strong understanding of statistics
- Depth experience in one or more of the following areas--Data science and analysis, distributed data processing, complex web-app design, and / or cloud infrastructure design (AWS)
- You understand experimental design, and can build for measurement and interpretation of results
- You write clean, well-structured, production-quality code in Python
- Strong Bash, and Linux systems skills
- You have built and deployed large-scale distributed data processing pipelines
- Ability to design and deploy lightweight web services that are scalable and fault-tolerant
- Familiarity with various data processing and storage technologies including Postgres / Vertica / Redshift, Dynamo DB, Redis, Kinesis, and MapReduce
- Passion for extracting insights from large volumes of data
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge and learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.