We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
The UX/UI Designer will define the visual and interactive user experience for products that play a central role in online publishing and advertising, bringing to life a universe of data not found anywhere else. One of the reasons publishers and advertisers choose Moat is because of our clean, intuitive, and powerful user interfaces. As a UX/UI Designer you will help us maintain that edge among executives, designers, and engineers at the world’s largest publishers, brand advertisers, and ad technology companies.
- Work closely with Engineering, Client Services, and Executive teams to define product features and capabilities.
- Craft elegant visual and experiential solutions to support user behavior goals, the Moat brand, and business needs.
- Design storyboards, comps, prototypes and other descriptive artifacts of visual design and interactive experiences, and excel at articulating motivation and reasoning behind your design decisions.
- Design products that empower our customers to understand large amounts of data that drive their business and inform their business decisions.
- 3+ years of digital design experience with a focus on UX/UI.
- 1+ year of experience developing the look-and-feel and user interaction flow of a web application.
- A strong appreciation and knowledge of fundamental information design principles.
- Excellent skill and taste in design/user experience and a knack for shaping efficient and effective user interfaces across platforms.
- Experience working with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Prototyping experience using Invision, Principle and Adobe Xd.
- Experience designing products for the advertising or publishing industry a strong plus.
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge while learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who take risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
- We are creative, innovative, and have a keen attention to detail.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.