We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. We are a New York City-headquartered startup with a mission to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by The New York Times, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
- Architect and build low-latency, fault-tolerant applications to improve site availability and uptime.
- Work with large data sets from some of the largest and well-known publishers and advertisers in the world.
- Use test-driven development in order to help us write robust solutions to complex problems.
- Harden existing application code and ensure new code meets strict security standards.
- Ability to construct and analyze relational database queries to extract insightful data from large datasets for use in the API.
- Improve API performance by utilizing caching, such as Redis or a similar key/val store.
- Solid understanding of good object-oriented design, both in theory and practice.
- Experience with programming in PHP 7.
- Experience using a debugger such as Xdebug to walk through execution of a PHP application is a big plus.
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks such as Cake, Symfony, Laravel or Zend.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.