Moat is a New York-based SaaS analytics company focused on building products for brand advertisers and premium publishers. Our offerings include Moat Analytics, an attention measurement platform that provides analytics and insights on ad campaigns for publishers and advertisers, and Moat Pro, an ad intelligence platform that allows markets to research trends in the online advertising industry.
About the Opportunity
We're looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to help build up Moat's robust infrastructure that supports our product offerings, including a real-time analytics system as well as an industry search engine that play a mission-critical role for some of the world's largest publishers, media companies, and technology companies.
Because we work on the cutting edge of many technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, highly resourceful in getting things done, both hard-working and eager to learn, and productive working both independently and collaboratively. This person will be working alongside Moat's highly competent engineering team to create opportunities from challenges.
- Manage our infrastructure on AWS
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of systems supporting our internal and external web servers and applications
- Administration and management of database and application clusters
- Build upon existing monitoring and alerting solutions
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation
- Implement and enforce security and privacy guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience with Provisioning, Building and maintaining systems in a AWS environment
- Advanced knowledge of protocols and technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML , SMTP, SNMP, etc
- Deep knowledge of Vertica, Redshift, Redis, MySQl, Nginx, Git and PosgreSQL
- Advanced coding skills in one (or all) of the following: Python, C, C++, Shell and Unix
- Robust experience administering Linux-based systems
About the Team
- We are passionate, excited, and thrive in a fast paced culture.
- We love sharing our knowledge while learning about new technologies.
- We are the type of people who takes risks when looking for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
- We care about solving big-picture, systemic problems—looking beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build complete and long-term solutions.
All offers for employment with Moat are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.